– Carry water!!!
– Wear non-skid hiking shoes or boots.
– Stay on the trails!
– Bring a small lightweight backpack to carry your water and snacks or a lunch.
– Dogs & other pets are allowed on trails only on the floor of Yosemite Valley and they must be on a leash at all times.
– Bicycles are not allowed on the hiking trails and must stay on the roads and bike trails.
– Smoking on the trails is prohibited.
– Carry out all your trash.
– A wilderness permit is required for any overnight stay in Yosemite’s backcountry. Wilderness permits can be obtained at the Wilderness Center next to the Valley Visitor Center.
Visit our partner, Yosemite Family Adventures and make sure to maximize your Yosemite hiking experience with a custom hiking tour. With over 800 miles of trails in the park, there are many wonderful hikes to enjoy during your stay at Yosemite’s Enchanted Forest. Your Yosemite hiking guide will customize the perfect hiking experience for your experience level and personal requests.
Distance: ¾ from the Valley Visitor Center to the base of Lower Yosemite Fall; ¼ from Yosemite Fall Shuttle Bus Stop to the base of fall.
Average Hiking Time: 1 hour round trip from the Valley Visitor Center; 20 minute round trip from the Yosemite Valley shuttle bus stop.
Description: Walkers should follow the bike path from the Valley Visitor Center to the Yosemite Fall parking area and shuttlebus stop.